Friday, January 16, 2009

POWER OUTAGE in TORONTO---THE Wonderful DRAKE HOTEL

January 16, 2009 (6:20pm)

CRUCIAL BLOG ENTRY #7

Last night the POWER went out in Toronto and it was out all night long.

I was staying at Toronto’s finest boutique hotel, The Drake Hotel (http://www.thedrakehotel.ca)/) in their sweetest suite when the lights, the power, the phone and the movie that I just started to watch went DEAD. The power went out all night and did not come back on until 9 am today----almost 12 hours without electricity really made me think about different parts of the world, especially war-torn countries where sporadic electricity is the norm rather than the rule.

Survival rather than LIVING is what these people do on a daily basis. I could not imagine raising children in an environment of war, destruction, and death. We really need TO GIVE PEACE A CHANCE and I hope that the shift towards a more peaceful world starts next Monday with Barack Obama’s inauguration as The President of the United States of America. Dumbfucks don’t make good Presidents as we have so clearly learned over the last 8 years.

To make matters worse with the power outage, it was minus 30 Celsius in Toronto with the wind-chill factored in and I had to sleep with 2 sweaters, a hat, a scarf and I was still not really comfortable.

My brain is still defrosting. My fingers were unable to type this morning. I had to pour two pots of coffee down my pants just to warm up and my balls froze off completely. Some parts of Toronto, including over 5000 homes are now still without power almost 22 hours into this ordeal. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

A huge and massive thank you to the wonderful and good-looking staff at The Drake Hotel for making my indoor camping stay so enjoyable. Special thanks to Drake staff Zoe, Bill Simpson, Marcello Cabezas, the handsome Matt Woo for the boozy coffee specials, the cafĂ© staff for pouring the coffee down my pants this morning, and to Guest Services for the offer of sending up 2 high-class hookers in the middle of the night to warm me up. (Just kidding—is anybody reading my BLOG yet anyway!! :)

The Drake Hotel is THE PLACE TO STAY & EXPERIENCE a unique perspective in Toronto. Be sure to visit their website at http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/ and enjoy their restaurant, the Skybar, the Lounge and/or The Underground.

The Drake Hotel really knows how to keep it Crucial!

Paul Benoit

Creator / Producer / Writer
http://www.crucialmatters.com/
Toronto, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment