Friday, January 23, 2009

THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD

January 23, 2009 (7:58pm)

CRUCIAL BLOG ENTRY #13

THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD

Today I filmed my 1 minute video application for THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD. (http://www.islandreefjob.com)/) The job is to live in Queensland, Australia for 6 months, on the Great Barrier Reef, get paid $150 000 AUS, and live rent-free in a luxurious beach house, while feeding fish, mingling with locals and tourists, doing a Video log, writing a Blog and taking photos: basically exactly what I am doing already for http://www.crucialmatters.com/.

What could be better as I look outside and see nothing but snow, grey skies and sub-zero temperatures in Toronto. I love Canada and I love the four seasons, but winter can get a little grading and tedious and after 12 weeks of sub-zero temperatures, an escape of winter, albeit even temporarily would bring nothing but sheer joy to this old, cold soul.

Here is the info from the website:
Tourism Queensland is seeking applicants for the best job in the world! The role of Island
Caretaker is a six-month contract, based on luxurious Hamilton Island in the Great Barrier
Reef. It’s a live-in position with flexible working hours and key responsibilities include
exploring the islands of the Great Barrier Reef to discover what the area has to offer.
You’ll be required to report back on your adventures to Tourism Queensland
headquarters in Brisbane (and the rest of the world) via weekly blogs, photo diary, video
updates and ongoing media interviews. On offer is a unique opportunity to help promote
the wondrous Islands of the Great Barrier Reef.

My video application is definetely going to set me apart from the rest of the crowd as I was running around naked in a secluded Toronto Park (MALIBU) and I was pretending to already be in Australia and was going "skinny-dipping" in the ocean when in reality I was swimming in mounds of snow butt-naked!! My 10 years in Whistler certainly assisted with all the grueling training required for such a challenging stunt.

To all the folks out there thinking about applying for the position, DON’T BOTHER!! IT"S MINE and I am looking forward to walking bare-foot down that beach already.......and butt naked!

Keep it Crucial.

Paul Benoit

Producer / Director / Writer
www.crucialmatters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment